Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Medha Kamat <Me...@thundercrack.com> on 2001/04/11 17:01:28 UTC

JRun-Jetspeed problem

Hi
I deployed Jetspeed as WAR application on JRun.
It did the deployment properly.
But i can not go to http:\\localhost:8000\jetspeed\
It only shows
it generates following error in default-err.log of JRun

initializing all services using allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletConfig
initializing service: ResourcesService
org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationException:
java.lang.Exception: Turbine::init(ServletConfig) - 'properties' Init
Parameter not found. Please specify a value for the 'properties' Init
Parameter by editing the servlet zone properties file. This is done by
adding the following line to the zone properties file:
servlet.Turbine.initArgs=properties=/path/to/TurbineResources.properties
at
org.apache.turbine.services.resources.TurbineResourceService.propertyFil
eErrorCheck(TurbineResourceService.java:590) 	at
org.apache.turbine.services.resources.TurbineResourceService.init(Turbin
eResourceService.java:140) 	at
org.apache.turbine.services.TurbineBaseService.init(TurbineBaseService.j
ava:113) 	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.initClass(BaseInitableBro
ker.java:151) 	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initServices(BaseServiceBr
oker.java:167) 	at
org.apache.turbine.services.TurbineServices.getInstance(TurbineServices.
java:152) 	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:155)
at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JR
unServletLoader.java:236) 	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JR
unServletLoader.java:190) 	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServlet(../servlet/JRunServle
tLoader.java:177) 	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.getServletReference(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1
267) 	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.preloadServlets(../servlet/JRunSE.java:968)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.init(../servlet/JRunSE.java:196)
at allaire.jrun.ServletService.init(../ServletService.java:66) 	at
allaire.jrun.ServletService.init(../ServletService.java:31) 	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JR
unServletLoader.java:236) 	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.initServices(../servlet/JRunSE.java:620)
at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.initServices(../servlet/JvmContext.java:
96) 	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.init(../servlet/JRunSE.java:187)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.init(../servlet/JvmContext.java:35)
at allaire.jrun.ServletService.init(../ServletService.java:66) 	at
allaire.jrun.ServletService.init(../ServletService.java:31) 	at
JRun.main(../../../JRun.java:169) end initializing all services
initializing service: ResourcesService

what is servlet zone properties file?I couldn't find it.Please help!

and default-event.log

[0]javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not instantiate
org.apache.turbine.Turbine
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JR
unServletLoader.java:242)
[...]
	at JRun.main(../../../JRun.java:169)

04/11 15:26:38 info (JRun) jetspeed Ready
04/11 15:26:38 info (JRun) default Ready

Medha
Posted by Steven Ng <sn...@montclare.com>.
oops, didn't realize it myself since i just hit the reply button...

yeah, i'm kinda new with jetspeed and cvs...so it will take me a little time
to get jetspeed from cvs...

thanks for all the help

-steve

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: JRun-Jetspeed problem

Posted by Steven Ng <sn...@montclare.com>.
Isn't it suppose to go into the TR.p file?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Yes, it works fine with James.

RE: JRun-Jetspeed problem