Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marc de Oliveira <mr...@deoliveira.dk> on 2014/07/22 21:55:09 UTC

5.5.2: Helo command rejected

I have now succeeded in getting James 3.0 beta 5 to work with multible
email aliases for each account by removing the ValudRcptHandlet mailet.

Next I am getting 5.5.2 errors when sending to external users. I have tried
to set the following in the RemoteDelivery mailet (as suggested in previous
mail on the topic):

<bind> 192.168.1.7 </bind>
<mail.smtp.localaddress> 192.168.1.7 </mail.smtp.localaddress>
<mail.smtp.localhost> mail.deoliveira.dk </mail.smtp.localhost>

I have also set <helloName autodetect="false">mail.deoliveira.dk
</helloName> in the smtpserver.xml file but it does not seem to have any
effect on the helo name being sent.

What am I missing?

Regards,
Marc de Oliveira

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Re: 5.5.2: Helo command rejected

Posted by Marc <Mr...@deoliveira.dk>.
I would not assume that the problem is not related to the reverse dns just
because it works on my 2.3.2 setup. I did not try to convert my 2.3.2
configuration to a 3.0 configuration as the configuration files are so
different. I just created a minimal 3.0 configuration from the default
files with as few changes as possible. I might easely have missed settings
that are handled differently in 3.0.

I can certainly agree with your point about stability. Beside the 5.5.2
errors I was also seeing strange behaviors when synchronizing mailboxes
using different imap clients. Some mails showed up on some clients but not
others.

Going back to Oracle javamail may be a good idea.

Regards,
Marc

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marc <Mr...@deoliveira.dk>.