Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Modha Khammammettu <MK...@calcas.com> on 2008/10/03 16:56:00 UTC

svn-win32-1.5.1 to svn-win32-1.5.2

Hi All

I had svn-win32-1.5.1 on my previous machine.

I now installed svn-win32-1.5.2 on a new machine. I need to move
repositories to new machine.
Is it just that I copy the repository directory over .. Is there some
thing else that I need to consider.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Modha/-

Re: svn-win32-1.5.1 to svn-win32-1.5.2

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 3, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Modha Khammammettu wrote:

> I had svn-win32-1.5.1 on my previous machine.
>
> I now installed svn-win32-1.5.2 on a new machine. I need to move
> repositories to new machine.
> Is it just that I copy the repository directory over .. Is there
> some thing else that I need to consider.

If both machines have the same kind of processor (I guess that's
likely, since they're both running Windows) and the same version of
BDB (if you're using BDB repositories, which most people aren't these
days), then you can just copy the repository to the new machine.

Or you can use dump and load. See the book:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/
svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.migrate