Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Scott Penrose <sc...@myinternet.com.au> on 2005/07/09 03:09:07 UTC

Apache XML Content Production Name Space

Hey Dudes

I was using AxKit on Apache1 and I am now using Apache2 mod_perl2 and
mod-xsl2. Although I am helping look at AxKit for mod_perl2, I am
mostly concentrating on generating XML content from mod_perl2.

So... I have the following scenario.

* Apache2 provider to generate some XML
* mod-xsl2 XSL to translate

So... finally to my question.

* Is there any current Apache2 modules that take files to generate
XML, so that I can use them as a template and produce them the same way.
* Is there any existing standard way to generate XML for a Directory
(obviously easy to do from an Apache2 module but I didn't want to
reproduce the wheel)
* What should be the name space for these Apache2 content generators
(an example of one is one that I have to generate vCal/ics files to
XML form for processing).

Thanks

Scott
--
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.

Re: Apache XML Content Production Name Space

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
 > Two parts to the question:
 >
 > * Apache or Apache2 ? - they only work with Apache2 (I think)

Nowadays everyone seems to use Apache2:: for Apache2 tools.

 > * They generate content in the form of XML

Does it make any difference to the user what generator does it use? May be
the app should come first?

 > Currently I call them Apache::XML::iCal etc.

BTW, once you've passed the ApacheX part usually it's module-authors /on/
perl.org list where the namespaces are best polished.

Re: Apache XML Content Production Name Space

Posted by Scott Penrose <sc...@myinternet.com.au>.
> * What should be the name space for these Apache2 content
> generators (an example of one is one that I have to generate vCal/
> ics files to XML form for processing).

I meant to clarify this question. I have two parts for this:

* Should it be Apache:: or Apache2::

* I can't figure out where it should be inside Apache(2)::
     http://perl.apache.org/products/apache-
modules.html#Module_Naming_Conventions
     doesn't seem to list anything that fits, but hey - maybe I am
missing the obvious :-)

Scooter