Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2020/06/04 01:15:42 UTC

Transfering custom syles from an old document

I have a document originally done on a system I no longer have access to
which has custom styles I would like to use for a new project. Is there
an easier way to to transfer them from that document to my present
system than opening the old document and a new one and recreating then
one by on in the new document?

Thanks in advance for your advice
Keith

Re: Transfering custom syles from an old document

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 6/3/2020 9:35 PM, Dan Lewis wrote:
> Yes, this can be done using the Styles and Formatting dialog. How to
> change styles in a document is described in the Writer Guide for AOO.
> You may need to do a search to download it. In addition, you should also
> use these custom styles to create a template for future use. That will
> give you access to these styles anytime you need it. How to do this is
> also explained in the Writer Guide. (It is an excellent source for how
> to use the Writer component for AOO when doing any number of tasks.) I
> no longer use AOO, so I can not give you complete instructions, but in
> the long term you need to know what is contained in this guide. Download
> it and study its contents.
>
> Dan

Dan;

Thanks for advice David had already given me a link for the Guide. The
reason I wanted to copy the styles was to create a template that would
give all the documents in the project a standard look and feel.

Regards
Keith

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 6/3/2020 9:32 PM, David Robley wrote:
> You may find your solution in
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Copying_and_moving_styles

David;

Thanks for the link it is exactly what I needed.

Regards
Keith

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
You may find your solution in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Copying_and_moving_styles

On 4/6/20 10:45 am, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> I have a document originally done on a system I no longer have access to
> which has custom styles I would like to use for a new project. Is there
> an easier way to to transfer them from that document to my present
> system than opening the old document and a new one and recreating then
> one by on in the new document?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice
> Keith

Cheers
--
David Robley

One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.