Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@Les7Arts.com> on 2012/10/07 10:55:48 UTC

Force builds on buildbot

Since the message below did not pass after 3 tries, and I got the same for a
message to user ML which finally passed when sent from Nabble, here is a try
for the dev forum.

Hi committers,

For the moment, when you commit changes in releases branches, if you commit
several almost at the same time you will get a race condition on port 1099.

There are related Jiras pending
and this discussion http://markmail.org/message/6ifp6avckg53wqmk

Anyway, the temporary solution for now is to force builds afterward, here is
how:

There is an ofbiz-bot on the #ofbiz IRC channel, just query ofbiz-bot with
force build ofbiz-branch11 force manual build after port 1099 race condition
force manual build after port 1099 race condition is the comment for here
forcing the branches 11.04 (same with 10 and 12 of course,
It works also for trunk, use trunk instead then)

I normally do it, but in case I don't, that's the solution for now.
I will be in vacation during 44th and 45th weeks and certainly less
available.

Of course another obvious solution is to not commit backports to releases at
the same time (half an hour between is normally
sufficient)

Jacques
PS: this is my 3rd tentatives with this email with small changes. I really
wonder why I get so far

<de...@ofbiz.apache.org>: host mx1.us.apache.org[140.211.11.136] said: 552
spam
    score (7.3) exceeded threshold

(RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE,SPF_NEUTRAL,STOX_REPLY_TYPE,STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES,TO_NO_BRKTS_MSFT,URI_HEX

dev@ofbiz.apache.org>: host mx1.eu.apache.org[192.87.106.230] said: 552 spam
    score (6.0) exceeded threshold

(RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE,SPF_NEUTRAL,STOX_REPLY_TYPE,STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES,TO_NO_BRKTS_MSFT

let's see...