Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com> on 2003/07/19 19:08:11 UTC

server-side api options???

Do either of the slide proposals (jcrri, wvcm) have a server-side
binding and do they work (is anyone using them as a server-side
api)?

One might try using the WebdavMethodFactory to gain access to the
methods, but in this case one has to create the WebdavServlet
and a HttpServletRequest/HttpServletResponse pair for
each method invocation. Is this the only way currently to directly
call the slide code from within the server?

I am trying to create a soap interface to slide on the server
exposing only a subset of webdav/deltav and enforcing some
semantics in the soap methods.

Richard

RE: server-side api options???

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@day.com>.
> Do either of the slide proposals (jcrri, wvcm) have a server-side
> binding and do they work (is anyone using them as a server-side
> api)?

the jsr 170 reference implementation (jcrri) is currently under development.
expect quite a few changes during the next months as jsr 170 reaches the
next
stage (community review) soon.

the jcr api is not targeted at the server side or client side. the ri
includes
a transparent rmi bridge which allows local implementations to be bound to
the
rmi registry. clients don't need to know that they are using a 'remote'
repository,
as they are usinf the standard api's.

remy sketched a possible architecture of a future slide version and jsr 170
as follows:
> The general architecture would be:
> - WebDAV powered JSR 170 client API
> - WebDAV server layer, using JSR 170 API
> - Slide core, providing a JSR 170 API
...which imho makes totally sense.

you can find his complete posting in the slide-dev list
(subject: "[DRAFT] [PROPOSAL] Slide and JSR 170").

regards
stefan