Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Brian Federle <Br...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/23 00:27:09 UTC

Help tooltip for form fields

Hi All,

I have completed the tooltip feature, which appears for most form fields in the UI.

Note that right now we had to embed the documentation strings into the source due to technical limitations. In the future we'll work to get this data dynamically, so it is easier to fix typos, etc., without having to commit directly to the source.

If you need to modify any of the documentation data, please update the file /ui/scripts/docs.js. This contains key/value pairs with the key indicating which field in the UI that particular string is for.

Functional spec is @ https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ui-dynamic-tooltip.html

Committed to master branch only right now.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Help tooltip for form fields

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Brian Federle <Br...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have completed the tooltip feature, which appears for most form fields in the UI.
>
> Note that right now we had to embed the documentation strings into the source due to technical limitations. In the future we'll work to get this data dynamically, so it is easier to fix typos, etc., without having to commit directly to the source.
>
> If you need to modify any of the documentation data, please update the file /ui/scripts/docs.js. This contains key/value pairs with the key indicating which field in the UI that particular string is for.
>
> Functional spec is @ https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ui-dynamic-tooltip.html
>
> Committed to master branch only right now.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I think I missed this message originally, and Jessica drew my attention to it.

It's been 4 months since this message was sent. Has there been any
progress on making the strings come from actual docs per the original
func spec?
How does the current implementation deal with l10n?

My concern is that 'temporary' becomes permanent in a lot of cases,
and the key-value pair system with what appears to be no capability
for l10n is troubling.

--David