Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> on 2015/09/01 09:36:59 UTC

Download page on the Ignite website

Guys,

I just updated the download page magic because Infra made a major change
in the way download scripts work last night.

As I was doing this, I noticed that someone ripped out the logic that
made the site offer downloads from our closest mirror instead of
*straight out of the repository*.

How many times do I have to explain that we do *not* tell people to
download our releases straight off the ASF infrastructure? Why do you
think ASF Infra goes to all the trouble to maintain mirror lists and
geoip-aware scripting to make automatic (and manual) mirror selection
possible?

Whoever did this, please put the logic for automatic and manual mirror
selection back, preferably yesterday.

-- Brane

Re: Download page on the Ignite website

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 02.09.2015 01:09, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Brane,
>
> I have fixed it. The reason it was pointing to the apache repo is because
> the download mirrors were broken for several days during the graduation
> upgrade, and while the INFRA issues were resolved, we had to redirect the
> downloads to the main repo.

Ah, I remember now; thanks for the reminder.

> Another weird issue I noticed now is that there are only 2 mirrors listed.
> Is this the way it is supposed to be now?

You probably saw Gavin's mail to committers@. I'm guessing Infra's first
priority is getting the mirror service working again.

-- Brane

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Brane,

I have fixed it. The reason it was pointing to the apache repo is because
the download mirrors were broken for several days during the graduation
upgrade, and while the INFRA issues were resolved, we had to redirect the
downloads to the main repo.

Another weird issue I noticed now is that there are only 2 mirrors listed.
Is this the way it is supposed to be now?

D.