Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Johannes Moser <jo...@ververica.com> on 2021/08/24 13:29:33 UTC

Flink 1.14 Weekly 2021-08-24

Dear Apache Flink community,

Today we moved from the two week sync rhythm to a one week one as we entered the stabilisation phase last week.

*Status check:*
All features got the state of "done" or "done done". There have been two features that have no cross team testing ticket, but they will be clarified or created right now.
We hope to keep the push towards "done done" up over the next couple of weeks.

*Cross team testing*
There has been some confusion around the cross team testing efforts. That's why we added the paragraph "Cross team testing" to the "Creating a Flink Release" page [1].
We ask every community member to have a look at the board [2] and pick some of the testing issues.

*Documentation*
For the cross team testing effort documentation is required. That's why we are currently struggling a bit with this effort. We  urge the authors of features to document the features as soon as possible.
An overview of all outstanding documentation issues can be found on this board [3]

*Blockers and critical issues*
It looks like we got all blockers [4] assigned and a big share of them is already in progress. Assignees have been confident they can be resolved within this week. We also did good progress with critical issues [5]. See [6] for a detailed overview of blockers and critical issues.

*Release candidate*
We plan to cut off the branch for 1.14 and create the first release candidate this weekend.

*What can you contribute to this release?*
- *** Complete feature documentation as soon as possible ***
- Pick-up cross-team testing tickets
- Test RC0 that will be created along with the 1.14 branch this weekend

Let's make this happen,
Xintong, Dawid, and Joe

-
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Creating+a+Flink+Release