Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by 2 <la...@126.com> on 2012/12/27 06:50:59 UTC

building aoo-3.4.1 source code problem need you help

 Hi,
        I am building the source code of Aoo-3.4.1 which is downloaded from http://www.apache.org/dyn/aoo-closer.cgi/incubator/ooo/3.4.1/source/aoo-3.4.1-incubating-src.tar.bz2. I want to develop it, so I need building first.
         I follow the steps with the building guide (http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Windows), when I go to do configure step , I input "./configure" command into Cygwin, I get a error about the dmake, there is the result as follow:
$ ./configure
*   Apache OpenOffice build configuration.                         *
*   The configure process checks your platform to see whether      *
*   you can build Apache OpenOffice on it.                         *
*   This process checks all pre-requisites and generates a file    *
*   containing the necessary environment variables.                *
*   Source this file after configure has ended successfully.       *
*   Any warning that is generated during the configure process     *
*   must be taken into account since it can be a reason for        *
*   an unsuccessful build of Apache OpenOffice.                    *

*   Checking the platform pre-requisites.                          *

checking whether configure is up-to-date... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for solenv environment... default
checking for custom pack.lst... no
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
cygwin
checking Cygwin version... 1.7.17(0.262/5/3)
checking whether to enable crashdump feature... no
checking whether to use the standard non-optimizing compiler... no
checking whether to turn warnings to errors... no
checking whether to do a debug build... no
checking whether to build with additional debug utilities... no, full product build
checking whether to include symbols into final build... no
checking whether to strip the solver or not.... yes
checking whether to enable category B components... no: disabled modules moz, nss, hunspell, hyphen, saxon, rhino, beanshell, graphite, coinmp
checking whether to enable the Online Update support... yes
checking whether to enable native CUPS support... no
checking whether to enable fontconfig support... no
checking whether to enable filters for legacy binary file formats (StarOffice 5.2)... yes
checking whether to use DirectX... yes
checking whether to use ActiveX... yes
checking whether to use ATL... yes
checking whether to use RPATH in shared libraries... yes
checking whether to use dicts from external paths... no
checking Windows build environment sanity... ok
checking for cygwin gcc/g++... found
checking for bash... /usr/bin/bash
checking gcc home... /usr
checking whether to enable pch feature... no
checking for GNU make... make
checking the GNU make version... make 3.82.90
3+:
checking for dmake... checking for dmake... no
configure: no system or user-provided dmake found
configure: error: no URL for dmake source code specified, either.
I don't know how to do next, I am in trouble for days.

Lookforwardtoyour reply!

Regards
yi

Re: building aoo-3.4.1 source code problem need you help

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
laoyi419 wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
> I have fixed the error about building the embedserv module.
> ButI don't know how to develop the source code with VC2008

You likely missed Regina's very informative answer. Please find it at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-qa/201212.mbox/browser

If you don't want to miss answers, you need to subscribe to this
discussion list. The mechanism is: you send an empty mail to the
"subscribe" address and then respond to the confirmation request you
will receive. You can find a list of all "subscribe" addresses, for our
many mailing lists, at
(if you want to develop, the dev list is probably better than the QA
list, at least for advice with building OpenOffice; but you can probably
still use the QA list until this issue is solved).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re:Re: building aoo-3.4.1 source code problem need you help

Posted by 2 <la...@126.com>.
Hi Andrea,
I have fixed the error about building the embedserv module.
ButI don't know how to develop the source code with VC2008,
do you have some resources about that?

Look forward to your reply
Regards,
Yi

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Yi,

2 schrieb:
> Hi Andrea,
> Thank you so much for your help! I have solved the problem about dmake before.
> But now I am building the source code,   I got another error when building the embedserv module, the message as follow
>> Compiling: embedserv/source/embed/register.cxx
>> d:\aoo\main\embedserv\source\inc\stdafx.h(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlbase.h': No such file or directory
>> dmake:  Error code 2, while making '../../wntmsci12.pro/slo/register.obj'
>
> Look forwardto your reply

it looks like you are using a MSVC Express version? That version does
not include atlbase.h. You have to disable that stuff in configure by
--disable-atl
--disable-activex

  or you need to install the Windows Driver Kit
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/hardware/gg487428/

Most of the remarks on
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Building_OOo_with_Cygwin_on_Windows are
still valid.

Please specify which compiler you use and on which operating system you
are building.

Perhaps you can post your configure call? There might be other problems
visible.

Kind regards
Regina

Re:Re: building aoo-3.4.1 source code problem need you help

Posted by 2 <la...@126.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.