Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/07/17 22:01:02 UTC

Proposal for 1.4.0 release

Hi Sentry community,
we’ve accumulated a gigantic number of changes - total of 145 [1] JIRAs has been resolved since our last release. We’ve added two new important features - standalone Sentry service and Grant/Revoke capability. Hence I believe that it’s the right time to do publish the changes to the public by release version 1.4.0.

Having said that I would like to propose slight change to our usual release process. Instead of one committer/PMC member driving entire release, I would like to propose to appoint one committer/PMC as a “Release Mentor” that will guide a volunteer from the community that will drive the release himself. This will be a great opportunity for the volunteer to learn about Apache and significantly contribute towards the project itself. We’ve been using this model in Sqoop project for last 2 years and it has been very successfull. Thoughts?

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://s.apache.org/zqW

Re: Proposal for 1.4.0 release

Posted by "Tuong Tr." <ir...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Greg,

I am synching with my mentor, Sravya, tomorrow on the logistics.  We should have a concrete plan for the upcoming release, and I will update the community by EOD tomorrow.

Respectfully,
Tuong

On Monday, July 21, 2014 12:13 PM, Gregory Chanan <gc...@cloudera.com> wrote:

Sounds good to me.  Are we planning to branch soon?

Greg

Re: Proposal for 1.4.0 release

Posted by Gregory Chanan <gc...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Proposal for 1.4.0 release