Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shailaja Someshwar <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/16 07:03:34 UTC

separate tomcat instance??

Hello

I would like to give servlet and jsp support for
Apache Virtual Hosts.

Tomcat 3.2 does support virtual hosts but by running
separate instances of tomcat and multiple JVM's. Is it
possible to configure tomcat to support virtual hosts
to run under a single JVM just like Jserv does it.

Also, which would be the recommended JDK to use with
tomcat...version,vendor etc.

Regards
Shaila

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: separate tomcat instance??

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
All the answers about virtual hosting are in mod_jk HOWTO documentation:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html

JDK's, huh, hard one... JDK 1.3.0 from http://www.blackdown.org/ and
Sun's JDK 1.3.0_01 do the job most of the time on Linux... Maybe IBM's
1.3.0?

Bojan

PS. Virtual hosting works fine for me.

Posted by Simon Freytag <si...@anondesign.com>.

> I would like to give servlet and jsp support for
> Apache Virtual Hosts.
>
> Tomcat 3.2 does support virtual hosts but by running
> separate instances of tomcat and multiple JVM's. Is it
> possible to configure tomcat to support virtual hosts
> to run under a single JVM just like Jserv does it.

I'd like to know how to do this too, but with Zeus virtual hosts. I think
the Tomcat HOSTS directive might help - can someone point me towards a good
resource explaining it?

Simon