Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/07/31 13:28:29 UTC

J2EE+native http 1/3 performance of integrated server!

I read this
http://www.middleware-company.com/casestudy/tmc-performance-study-jul-2003.pdf

On page 15 I read that from the tests, they found out that running a
native webserver and a J2EE container on the same machine was *1/3* of
the performance of the integrated solution.

Then, on page 51, it talks about how they think performance can be
increased, and talk about SEDA, that Avalon is slowly embracing. Maybe
Avalon should push more on it, dunno.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: J2EE+native http 1/3 performance of integrated server!

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 31/07/2003 13:28 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> On page 15 I read that from the tests, they found out that running a
> native webserver and a J2EE container on the same machine was *1/3* of
> the performance of the integrated solution.

Does this mean we should all go for Orion, Jetty, or (hm) Tomcat in
standalone mode then?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org