Posted to users@camel.apache.org by xiangqiuzhao <xi...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/20 13:31:12 UTC

why camel can't use log4j.xml

i use log4j.xml in my project classpath, content like:

<log4j:configuration>

	<appender name="camel" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">

		</layout>
		<filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelRangeFilter">

		</filter>
	</appender>

<category name="org.apache.camel" additivity="false">
        <priority value="debug"/>
        <appender-ref ref="camel"/>
        <appender-ref ref="camelerror"/>
        <appender-ref ref="camelstdoutd"/>
    </category>

    <root>
        <priority value="all"></priority>
        <appender-ref ref="async"/>
    </root>
</log4j:configuration>

why can't logging the debug info into the camel.log file?

Re: why camel can't use log4j.xml

Posted by Tim <ch...@gmail.com>.
It can.
What version of camel you are using will determine how to use log4j with it.
If you are using version 2.7 and above then it uses slf4j by default which
means that you need to add a dependency to logback or other similar slf4j
plugins that allow you to use log4j configuration files.
Previous versions of camel "should just work"