Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joseph Faisal Nusairat <nu...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/31 03:40:31 UTC

Rendering a method once when entering a page

Kind of like an external link. I want to go into the page, and i want a
method called to basically set up some things.

In this case i want to set up stuff pulled from the session.

However i dont really want to use an external link, since its really not
one. Its not passing any parameters to it.

Is there something else i should be using?? Any events?? All the ones i see
keep re-calling the same method if you call the page again while in it.
Which i dont need since the variables should be there each time regardless.

Re: Rendering a method once when entering a page

Posted by Daniel Lydiard <dl...@hotmail.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/events.html

PageAttachListener/PageBeginRenderListener seem to be the choices.  Or even
@InitialValue.

Be careful with PageBeginRender, since it's called twice on form submittal,
so depending on your situation you might need to check
getRequestCycle().isRewinding().

PageBeginListener interface with pageBeginRender() method?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.