Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 20:16:50 UTC

Heading a first Releas: Part I SNAPSHOT Dependencies

Hi all,

I am trying to head at a first Sling release now, so I am starting to
look at our dependencies to ensure, we don't have any external SNAPSHOT
dependencies. In a second mail, I will wrap up JIRA issues which are
currently still open to select the issues, we deem required to be fixed
before a release.

First let's see the SNAPSHOT dependencies:

org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.0.4-SNAPSHOT
       - vote for 1.0.4 release under way, so this will be resolved
shortly

org.apache.felix.commons:org.apache.felix.commons.commons-collections:3.2.0-0001-SNAPSHOT
       - Unreleased wrapping provided by Apache Felix

org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-jcr-rmi:1.5-SNAPSHOT
       - Required for fixes to JCR-1406 and JCR-1454
       - I will try to get a 1.4.1 release with backported fixes

org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-jcr-commons:1.5-SNAPSHOT
       - library is itself an OSGi Bundle
       - I will try to get a 1.4.1 release with backported fix

Unless I missed a dependency, we are very close to be SNAPSHOT
dependency free. I will try to get the above mentioned releases from the
Jackrabbit project.

Carsten, do you know anything about the an imminent release of the
Jakarta Commons Collections library as an OSGi bundle ?

Am I missing something ?

Regards
Felix

Re: Heading a first Releas: Part I SNAPSHOT Dependencies

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 14.03.2008, 12:55 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> Felix Meschberger wrote:
> > Hi Carsten,

> >> I called this vote twice in the past, but failed :(
> >
> > ok, ....
> >
> >> We could ask the commons people first if they are interested to release
> >> collections for us.
> >
> > That would the best option yet. Can you do that ?
> >
> I already did that :)

I should have known ;-)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Am Freitag, den 14.03.2008, 11:00 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
>>> Hmm, ok. Shall we then call for a release of the wrapper bundle in
>>> Felix ?
>>>
>> I called this vote twice in the past, but failed :(
>
> ok, ....
>
>> We could ask the commons people first if they are interested to release
>> collections for us.
>
> That would the best option yet. Can you do that ?

I already did that :)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Heading a first Releas: Part I SNAPSHOT Dependencies

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carsten,

Am Freitag, den 14.03.2008, 11:00 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> > Hmm, ok. Shall we then call for a release of the wrapper bundle in
> > Felix ?
> >
> I called this vote twice in the past, but failed :(

ok, ....

> We could ask the commons people first if they are interested to release
> collections for us.

That would the best option yet. Can you do that ?

Thanks and Regards

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carsten,

Am Donnerstag, den 13.03.2008, 08:34 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:

> > org.apache.felix.commons:org.apache.felix.commons.commons-collections:3.2.0-0001-SNAPSHOT
> >        - Unreleased wrapping provided by Apache Felix
> >

> > Carsten, do you know anything about the an imminent release of the
> > Jakarta Commons Collections library as an OSGi bundle ?
> Yes or .. no :) There is a release of lang upcomming in the near future,
> but a new release of collections is not visible atm.

Hmm, ok. Shall we then call for a release of the wrapper bundle in
Felix ?

Regards
Felix

> > Am I missing something ?
> What about the ujax renaming David suggested recently? I think this is
> something we should do before a first release. (it shouldn't be that hard).
>
> The scheduler bundle requires commons beanutils and digester (and
> perhaps one more). I'm planning to include these into the bundle today.

This is what I have done with these libraries for OCM.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
sling releaseAm Donnerstag, den 13.03.2008, 14:34 +0100 schrieb Carsten
Ziegeler:
> And I think we should release the felix configadmin 1.0.1 before. I can
> take care of that tomorrow.

If we would want to include the "race-condition fix", yes. Thanks.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Heading a first Releas: Part I SNAPSHOT Dependencies

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:

> ... What about the ujax renaming David suggested recently? I think this is
>  something we should do before a first release. (it shouldn't be that hard)....

Agreed, created SLING-326 for that.

Bertrand

Re: Heading a first Releas: Part I SNAPSHOT Dependencies

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.