Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com> on 2008/05/14 05:03:38 UTC

[ORCHESTRA] incorrect download links

Hey guys,

Sorry if someone's already dealing with this, but the Download links on the
Core and Core15 projects are incorrect - they point to the main MyFaces
download page. This can be quite frustrating - it took me a long time to
figure out where the correct link was (on the main Orchestra page).

Kito D. Mann - Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
 <http://www.virtua.com/> http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting,
training, and mentoring
 <http://www.jsfcentral.com/> http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces
FAQ, news, and info
phone: +1 203-653-2989
fax: +1 203-653-2988

RE: [ORCHESTRA] incorrect download links

Posted by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com>.
> >> Sorry if someone’s already dealing with this, but the Download links
> >> on the Core and Core15 projects are incorrect – they point to the
> main
> >> MyFaces download page. This can be quite frustrating – it took me a
> >> long time to figure out where the correct link was (on the main
> >> Orchestra page).
> >>

> > Thanks for pointing this out.
> >
> > I can't see anything wrong with the site config files, so either it
> is a
> > problem with maven or the core/core15 sites just need to be
> republished.
> > I'll try to do that tonight.
> >
> > Of course if you used maven, you wouldn't need the download bundles
> at
> > all :-)
> >

> Ok, finally fixed. All orchestra subsites now have the correct menus
> etc.
>
> Thanks again for pointing it out.

Cool. No problem. There's a good chance I'll be using Orchestra on a current project, so I'll probably have some more comments....

> PS: Maven in general is cool, but the site stuff really sucks...

Yeah... I'm not sold on Maven yet.. I like the idea of Ivy, though. The latest release isn't quite ready for mass adoption yet, but will be soon. Honestly, I'm thinking of using Gradle in the next project...

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.

simon.kitching@chello.at wrote:

> Kito D. Mann schrieb:
>>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Sorry if someone’s already dealing with this, but the Download links
>> on the Core and Core15 projects are incorrect – they point to the main
>> MyFaces download page. This can be quite frustrating – it took me a
>> long time to figure out where the correct link was (on the main
>> Orchestra page).
>>

> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> I can't see anything wrong with the site config files, so either it is a
> problem with maven or the core/core15 sites just need to be republished.
> I'll try to do that tonight.
>
> Of course if you used maven, you wouldn't need the download bundles at
> all :-)

Ok, finally fixed. All orchestra subsites now have the correct menus etc.

Thanks again for pointing it out.

Regards, Simon

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.