Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Leonard Lin <le...@gmx.net> on 2013/02/03 02:57:23 UTC

Closing Financial Period does not consider Contra Revenue

Hi,

I'm using ofbiz 10.04.02 (but I also verified it on 10.04.05)
For closing our financial year 2012 I've run into the problem that:
"Net Income" from the Income Statement <> "Retained Earning" change from
the Balance Sheet

I've investigated the function "closeFinancialTimePeriod" in
GeneralLedgerServices.xml

How I understand the code, it does calculate the profit and changes the
retained earnings but it only considers:
- Expenses
- Revenue
- Income

It should also consider "Contra Revenue" which is not a sub-class on
Expenses but of Debit directly.

Can someone confirm my findings?
If so what's the best way for me to submit a patch?

Thanks in advance

Leonard

// line 712ff
         <!-- Compute the total posted amount of the period for
expense/revenue/income accounts -->
         <entity-condition entity-name="AcctgTransAndEntries"
list="acctgTransAndEntries">
             <condition-list combine="and">
                 <condition-expr field-name="organizationPartyId"
operator="equals" from-field="customTimePeriod.organizationPartyId"/>
                 <condition-expr field-name="isPosted" operator="equals"
value="Y"/>
                 <condition-expr field-name="glFiscalTypeId"
operator="equals" value="ACTUAL"/>
                 <condition-expr field-name="transactionDate"
operator="greater-equals" from-field="lastClosedDate"/>
                 <condition-expr field-name="transactionDate"
operator="less" from-field="customTimePeriod.thruDate"/> <!-- FIXME:
Date to Timestamp -->
                 <condition-expr field-name="acctgTransTypeId"
operator="not-equals" value="PERIOD_CLOSING"/>
                 <condition-list combine="or">
                     <condition-expr field-name="glAccountClassId"
operator="in" from-field="expenseAccountClassIds"/>
                     <condition-expr field-name="glAccountClassId"
operator="in" from-field="revenueAccountClassIds"/>
                     <condition-expr field-name="glAccountClassId"
operator="in" from-field="incomeAccountClassIds"/>
                 </condition-list>
             </condition-list>
             <order-by field-name="acctgTransId"/>
             <order-by field-name="acctgTransEntrySeqId"/>
         </entity-condition>

--

Leonard Lin
Email:    leonard.lin@gmx.net