Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/12/10 20:34:46 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "GangliaMetrics" by MichaelBieniosek

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MichaelBieniosek:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/GangliaMetrics

New page:
Create a file called hadoop-metrics.properties, and stick it in your hadoop config directory.

The file should look like this:

{{{
dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
dfs.period=10
dfs.servers=@GMETAD@:8650

mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
mapred.period=10
mapred.servers=@GMETAD@:8650
}}}

I made hadoop talk directly to gmetad.  I found that if I have hadoop talk to gmond at localhost, then hadoop metrics get reported from 127.0.0.1, rather than from the more useful host name used to communicate with gmetad.