Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nia Hartman <ni...@earthlink.net> on 2005/10/11 23:26:09 UTC

[users@httpd] welcome.conf not being incorporated into httpd.conf correctly

I'm new to Apache but I've done my homework with the manuals, FAQ, and
knowledgebase and still can't figure it out.  When I use the http
configuration tool the documentation says that the etc/httpd/config.d
subdirectory will be searched for *.conf files and they will be added into
the httpd.conf file.  I have commented out the 4 lines in the welcome.conf
file but the httpd.conf file still has the lines active, not commented out.
I have deleted the httpd.conf file so I know a new one was created and I can
see my welcome.conf file with all lines commented out.  Is there some other
place where the http configuration tool is getting this information?  I
called a tech support (www.tnetg.com) company and they said not to use the
tool because it has problems.  They said "everybody edits the httpd.conf
file by hand".

I have these settings in my httpd.conf

            ServerRoot "etc/httpd"

Include conf.d/*.conf