Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "K. Lo Shih" <lo...@toolslab.de> on 2001/02/11 10:59:27 UTC

Re: C2: problems with /cocoon/status, "Namespace not supported by

At 15:23 01/10/2001 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Hmm.  It sounds like you are trying to use a JAXP parser.  Unfortunately,
>I don't think that JAXP supports SAX 2 at this time.  Cocoon requires a
>SAX 2 compliant XML parser to function (which is where you get the namespace
>support).

Should then I be using xerces-1.2.3's parser factory
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl (which I understand supports
SAX2) rather than the "default" com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl?

Do I set this using
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactory
Impl (and copy the xerces_1_2_3.jar into $TOMCAT_HOME/lib)? I'm unable to
find where to specify a Cocoon2 specific property for the SAX parser
factory def.

Thanks,
Lo.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
K. Lo Shih wrote:

> At 15:23 01/10/2001 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  It sounds like you are trying to use a JAXP parser.  Unfortunately,
>> I don't think that JAXP supports SAX 2 at this time.  Cocoon requires a
>> SAX 2 compliant XML parser to function (which is where you get the
>> namespace
>> support).
>

> Should then I be using xerces-1.2.3's parser factory
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl (which I understand supports
> SAX2) rather than the "default" com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl?
>
> Do I set this using
> -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactory
> Impl (and copy the xerces_1_2_3.jar into $TOMCAT_HOME/lib)? I'm unable
> to find where to specify a Cocoon2 specific property for the SAX parser
> factory def.

Basically, you can do that.  Keep in mind that Cocoon 2 by default uses the
proper parser from Xerces.  If you have other XML parsers in the classpath
before Xerces, it may alter the default operation.

What I do is simply take the xerces jar and put it in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib, and
remove the other parser libraries.

Does anyone have a jar with the simple interfaces that SAX 2 and DOM 2 use?
By placing that in the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory, we can avoid most
XML Parser problems.

Re: xinclude

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <sc...@criticalsoftware.com>.
Try this document instead

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>

<page xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude" >
<xinclude:include xinclude:parse="text" xinclude:href="foo.txt"/>
<xinclude:include xinclude:parse="xml" xinclude:href="foo.xml"/>
</page>

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:11:15 +0100
Magistrali Marco <ma...@ariadne.it> wrote:

> hi, I have a little problem.
> I can't use the xinclude processor, I can't use the example in cocoon...
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
> <!--<?cocoon-format type="text/xml"?>-->
> <page xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude" >
> <include xinclude:parse="text" xinclude:href="foo.txt"/>
> <include xinclude:parse="xml" xinclude:href="foo.xml"/>
> </page>
>

> what can I do?

Sergio Carvalho
scarvalho@criticalsoftware.com