Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Adam Wilbraham <ad...@technophobia.com> on 2007/10/01 15:26:09 UTC

Re: Low resource rules

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:43:55 -0500
"John Schmerold" <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Problem is SA, I don't have enough computer to do serious content
> checking. Anyone care to recommend a few rules that will tend to catch
> a big chunk of the spam without sucking too much brainpower from this
> VPS box?

ClamAV with the SaneSecurity definitions.

www.sanesecurity.co.uk

--
Adam Wilbraham - Assistant Systems Administrator
TechnoPhobia Limited

Registered in England and Wales Company No. 3063669
VAT registration No. 598 7858 42
ISO 9001:2000 Accredited Company No. 21227
ISO 14001:2004 Accredited Company No. E997
ISO 27001:2005 (BS7799) Accredited Company No. IS 508906
Investor in People Certified No. 101507

The contents of this email are confidential to the addressee
and are intended solely for the recipients use. If you are not
the addressee, you have received this email in error.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
personally and not TechnoPhobia Limited who do not accept
responsibility for the contents of the message.

All email communications, in and out of TechnoPhobia,
are recorded for monitoring purposes.

RE: Low resource rules

Posted by "Martin.Hepworth" <ma...@solidstatelogic.com>.
Also rejecting non-existant recipients straight away helps a lot - I'm dropping over 65% of my traffic this way..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
> > Problem is SA, I don't have enough computer to do serious content
> > checking. Anyone care to recommend a few rules that will tend to catch
> > a big chunk of the spam without sucking too much brainpower from this
> > VPS box?
>
> ClamAV with the SaneSecurity definitions.
>
> www.sanesecurity.co.uk
>

> --
> Adam Wilbraham - Assistant Systems Administrator
> TechnoPhobia Limited
> The Workstation
> 15 Paternoster Row
> SHEFFIELD
> England
> S1 2BX
> t: +44 (0)114 2212123
> f: +44 (0)114 2212124
> e: adam.wilbraham@technophobia.com
> w: http://www.technophobia.com/
>
> Registered in England and Wales Company No. 3063669
> VAT registration No. 598 7858 42
> ISO 9001:2000 Accredited Company No. 21227
> ISO 14001:2004 Accredited Company No. E997
> ISO 27001:2005 (BS7799) Accredited Company No. IS 508906
> Investor in People Certified No. 101507
>
> The contents of this email are confidential to the addressee
> and are intended solely for the recipients use. If you are not
> the addressee, you have received this email in error.
> Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in
> reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
> personally and not TechnoPhobia Limited who do not accept
> responsibility for the contents of the message.
>
> All email communications, in and out of TechnoPhobia,
> are recorded for monitoring purposes.

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)
United Kingdom