Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Raghavendra, Karthik" <kr...@proxicom.com> on 2002/01/27 18:35:03 UTC

Using external Schema Definition Files with Xerces Java 1.4.4 - Urgent

Hello All,

I am using Xerces 1.4.4 (for Java) to validate and parse XML file.  The
XML file is created by another process.  I want to validate the XML file
using an external XSD file.  How do I specify the reference to the
external XSD file using the features and properties for the Xerces 1.4.4
parser?

I have tried setting the following property
http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-noNamespaceSchemaLocati
on, but I get a SAXNotRecognized exception.  I have seen that this is a
bug in beta 2 and there is a patch available, but I need to use 1.4.4.
Is this supported in 1.4.4?  If not, what is the alternative?  Is there
a patch that I can download?

To continue with my development, I have currently suppressed the
property setting and validation and included the reference to the XSD
file within the XML using the  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation= attribute,
but I get the following error: SAXParseException Catalog element must be
declared.  Catalog is the root for the XML file.  I used XML Spy to
validate the document and there were no errors.

Since this is impeding development activity, could someone let me know
asap if there is anything I am doing wrong and possible solutions,
workarounds?  I don't want to start looking for another parser and would
like to stick with 1.4.4

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Karthik