Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by David Campion <da...@bcuc.ac.uk> on 2001/04/25 10:25:25 UTC

HELP??? Installation on MAC OS X

Hi

I am trying to install mod perl on the Apple OS X Server platform.

I can compile the code OK, both as static and as a DSO  but when I try to
restart the apache server, I get all sorts of errors.

example :

dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd multiple definitions of symbol _vhost_alias_module
/System/Library/Apache/Modules/mod_vhost_alias.so definition of
_vhost_alias_module
/System/Library/Apache/Modules/mod_vhost_alias.so definition of
_vhost_alias_module

this was built as a DSO with all options enabled, if I don't load this
module it just complains about the next one in the list.

Any help, pointers, kick in the right direction would be very much
appreciated.

Dave.

Re: HELP??? Installation on MAC OS X

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.
David Campion (david.campion@bcuc.ac.uk) said something to this effect on 04/25/2001:
> I am trying to install mod perl on the Apple OS X Server platform.
>
> I can compile the code OK, both as static and as a DSO  but when I try to
> restart the apache server, I get all sorts of errors.
>
> example :
>
> dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd multiple definitions of symbol _vhost_alias_module
> /System/Library/Apache/Modules/mod_vhost_alias.so definition of
> _vhost_alias_module
> /System/Library/Apache/Modules/mod_vhost_alias.so definition of
> _vhost_alias_module
>
> this was built as a DSO with all options enabled, if I don't load this
> module it just complains about the next one in the list.
>
> Any help, pointers, kick in the right direction would be very much
> appreciated.

Did you put ClearModuleList before the AddModule lines?

    <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#clearmodulelist>
    ClearModuleList directive

    Syntax: ClearModuleList
    Context: server config
    Compatibility: ClearModuleList is only available in Apache 1.2
                   and later

    The server comes with a built-in list of active modules. This
    directive clears the list. It is assumed that the list will then
    be re-populated using the AddModule directive

(darren)

--
Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming.
    -- C.A.R. Hoare

Re: HELP??? Installation on MAC OS X

Posted by Tom Mornini <tm...@infomania.com>.
Tenon Systems has a current version of Apache with complete GUI
administration engine at http://www.tenon.com/products/itools-osx/

This is a commercial product...

Posted by Charlie Garrison <ch...@garrison.com.au>.
G'day,

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, David Campion wrote:

> I am trying to install mod perl on the Apple OS X Server platform.

Best of luck!

> example :
>
> dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd multiple definitions of symbol _vhost_alias_module
> /System/Library/Apache/Modules/mod_vhost_alias.so definition of
> _vhost_alias_module
> /System/Library/Apache/Modules/mod_vhost_alias.so definition of
> _vhost_alias_module
>
> this was built as a DSO with all options enabled, if I don't load this
> module it just complains about the next one in the list.

Never built for your platform, must be somebody who's tried it out there,
but for a start it might be worth trying without loading any modules.
You can get by without lots of them.

Can you run Apache at all without mod_perl?

73,
Ged.