Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ju...@mizuhocbus.com on 2004/04/02 19:48:08 UTC

[FRIDAY OT] .net or websphere?

Hi, our group will have a debate over the superiority of .Net vs that of
Websphere.. I have never used .net.
Can anyone give me any feedback on it?

Any feedback is appreciated..
have a nice weekend!

Julie

= = = = = = = = = == = = = = = == = = = = = = = == = = = = = == = = = =
This transmittal and any attachments may contain confidential, privileged or sensitive information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal and any such attachments in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying thereof is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and any attachments in error please notify the sender and immediately destroy the message and all its attachments. Any opinions herein expressed may be those of the author and not necessarily of Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd (the "Bank"). The Bank accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information herein contained.
= = = = = = = = = == = = = = = == = = = = = = = == = = = = = == = = = =

Re: [FRIDAY OT] .net or websphere?

Posted by Paul Barry <pa...@nyu.edu>.
Not really sure why you sent this to the struts mailing list, but I can
tell you this in not the place to get an unbiased opinion on that
subject.  Asking a bunch of java developers if you should choose .net or
a J2EE server is like asking people at the Democratic National
Convention if you should vote for Bush or Kerry.  I know very little
about .net and have never used it, but I can tell you the obvious big
difference is portability.  If you go .net, you are stuck with
Microsoft's proprietary technology, whereas if you use J2EE, you have
your choice of application servers and platforms from a variety of
vendors.  Plus, to my knowledge there is no Struts.Net.

Posted by Andy Engle <st...@andyengle.com>.
I agree.

Posted by Mike Zatko <mz...@boscovs.com>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 Julie.Huang@mizuhocbus.com wrote:

That sounds like trying to decide whether to buy a truck, a motorcycle, or
a Honda Civic.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer / Open Source Evangelist