Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Phil Dumont <ph...@solidstatescientific.com> on 2006/03/10 19:01:35 UTC

vc-svn.el without cached passwd.

I've been a happy user of vc-svn.el for a while now.  But recently, I
was told by my superiors that at one site where I occassionally work,
I cannot cache my password.  So I removed the cache and configured it
to cache no more.  (Yes, I know the cache is permission 600.  Not
good enough in this case.  Don't ask.)

Now vc-svn.el is broken.  It looks as though vc-do-command doesn't
do what's necessary to look for username/password prompts and have
emacs ask for them.

I'm not very hopeful -- I suspect this is an obscure problem not
affecting a lot of people -- but does anyone have any plans to fix
it?  (Or should I be asking the maintainers of vc, whoever they are?)

phil dumont

Re: vc-svn.el without cached passwd.

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Phil Dumont" <ph...@solidstatescientific.com> writes:
> I've been a happy user of vc-svn.el for a while now.  But recently, I
> was told by my superiors that at one site where I occassionally work,
> I cannot cache my password.  So I removed the cache and configured it
> to cache no more.  (Yes, I know the cache is permission 600.  Not
> good enough in this case.  Don't ask.)
>
> Now vc-svn.el is broken.  It looks as though vc-do-command doesn't
> do what's necessary to look for username/password prompts and have
> emacs ask for them.
>
> I'm not very hopeful -- I suspect this is an obscure problem not
> affecting a lot of people -- but does anyone have any plans to fix
> it?  (Or should I be asking the maintainers of vc, whoever they are?)

I think you should try to reach the maintainers of vc, over in
Emacs-land.  Good luck.

-Karl