Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Madsen,Bryan" <BM...@CERNER.COM> on 2007/10/01 15:43:13 UTC

RE: 1.1-beta-3 LDAP

We do not allow guest accounts on our LDAP server. If I remove the 'redback.default.guest' configuration I see this exception below. Is there a way to bypass that?

I would like all users with an LDAP sign-on to be considered a registered user once signed in and then administer their access rights at that point.

69711 [SocketListener0-1] ERROR com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils  - Could not find action
Caught Exception while registering Interceptor class redbackEnvironmentCheckInterceptor - Class: org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.checks.security.GuestUserEnvironmentCheck
File: GuestUserEnvironmentCheck.java
Method: validateEnvironment
Line: 100 - org/codehaus/plexus/redback/xwork/checks/security/GuestUserEnvironmentCheck.java:100:-1
	at org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusObjectFactory.buildInterceptor(PlexusObjectFactory.java:152)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.InterceptorBuilder.constructInterceptorReference(InterceptorBuilder.java:56)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.lookupInterceptorReference(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:701)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptorStack(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:568)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptorStacks(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:581)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptors(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:602)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addPackage(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:204)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFile(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:675)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFile(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:678)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.init(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:91)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultConfiguration.java:86)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:55)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.<init>(DefaultActionProxy.java:60)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:46)
	at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUtils.java:264)
	at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:202)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:88)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:633)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:982)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
	at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.checks.security.GuestUserEnvironmentCheck.validateEnvironment(GuestUserEnvironmentCheck.java:100)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.init(EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.java:77)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusObjectFactory.buildInterceptor(PlexusObjectFactory.java:119)
	... 33 more

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
redback requires a guest to exist for authorization purposes..

however the guest doesn't need to have any roles assigned to it.

I would recommend just pointing the guest as some utility user in ldap and
not give it any additional privileges..

we are looking at removing this guest user requirement in later version of
redback, but that will be a while.

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell