Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Leangen <os...@leangen.net> on 2016/08/11 09:12:12 UTC

[Converter] Provide-Capability missing?

Hi!

I am very interested in the Converter. As David B. requested on the bndtools list, I am writing here for questions/comments. There will surely be more to come, but here is the first.

I tried replacing the enRoute version of DTOs with the Felix version, but the system does not resolve. I noticed that there is no Provide-Capability for “osgi.enroute.dto.api".

Here is the Manifest I get when I build the bundle locally:

> Bundle-License: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
> Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
> Bundle-Name: Apache Felix Converter Service
> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.felix.converter
> Bundle-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Bundle-Version: 0.1.0.SNAPSHOT
> Created-By: Apache Maven Bundle Plugin
> Export-Package: org.osgi.service.converter;version="1.0",org.osgi.servic
>  e.converter.util;version="1.0";uses:="org.osgi.service.converter"
> Implementation-Title: Apache Felix Converter Service
> Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache.felix
> Implementation-Version: 0.1-SNAPSHOT
> Import-Package: org.osgi.framework;version="[1.8,2)",org.osgi.service.co
>  nverter;version="[1.0,2)"
> Require-Capability: osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"
> Specification-Title: Apache Felix Converter Service
> Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Specification-Version: 0.1-SNAPSHOT
> Tool: Bnd-2.3.0.201405100607

Is this a small oversight? Or am I misunderstanding something? I thought that this is supposed to implement DTOs, so shouldn’t it provide that capability?

Thanks!
=David

Re: [Converter] Provide-Capability missing?

Posted by David Leangen <os...@leangen.net>.
Hi David B.,

Thank you, you helped me find the problem. :-)

Turns out I was mixing this up with the “old” enRoute implementation. All good now.

Cheers,
=David

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,