Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Binh Nguyen <nt...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/26 15:29:02 UTC

Re: ODE Woes

Hi Song Thuy,

I found that BPEL support in Netbeans 6.5 is better than eclipse BPEL editor.
Give it a try.

Good luck.
Binh.

Re: ODE Woes

Posted by Binh Nguyen <nt...@gmail.com>.
Song Thuy Nguyen <pr...@...> writes:

> Chao anh Binh,
> Yes, I know, I've tried Netbeans before, it is great if
you pair it with
GlassFish, but it doesn't create the
> deploy.xml for ODE, and as far as I remember there were
also some other
issues
that made me use elcipse bpel
> for ODE. For the project I'm working on right now, it's
not cruicial for
me to
have a deep insight in  BPEL, I
> just needed to create some sample processes with simple
invokes for
some test
cases on ODE. So I just needed
> a quick way to get some processes running without writing
any BPEL code by hand.
> But if I would work with GlassFish and dive deeper into
BPEL, I will
definitely use Netbeans.

> Greetings,
> Song Thuy Nguyen

Hi Thuy,
As I remembered, eclipse BPEL editor's support for creating
deploy.xml is not good either, so that why I have to develop
a tool to create that file by myself in Netbeans.
I do not know what server are you using, but besides GlassFish,
Tomcat also goes well with ODE.

Cheers
Binh.

RE: ODE Woes

Posted by Song Thuy Nguyen <pr...@biaqua.de>.
Chao anh Binh,

Re: ODE Woes

Posted by Waruna Ranasinghe <wa...@gmail.com>.
On 26 February 2010 20:36, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26.02.2010 15:29, Binh Nguyen wrote:
> > Hi Song Thuy,
> >
> > I found that BPEL support in Netbeans 6.5 is better than eclipse BPEL
> editor.
> > Give it a try.
>
> Netbeans however does not fully support BPEL, e.g. graph-based modelling
> with flows is not possible.

Agreed... But for a beginner, I think Netneans is a good tool to develop
simple processes.
But in my opinion, it's better to use a XML editor to edit bpels

Thanks,
Waruna

> Best,
>  Tammo