Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Nathan Nadeau <nd...@gleim.com> on 2012/01/13 22:35:17 UTC

Re: Process class hanging when encountering xmlns with no value

Lewis,

I can't comment on what the behavior is supposed to be, but I tried
reproducing the same xmlns error in my test XSL, and Xalan (I am using
2.7.1) did not hang, it quit with an appropriate error message.

I believe if the input XSL is no good, Xalan will then try to find an
XSL to use via a "xml-stylesheet" processing-instruction in the input
XML file. My test XML file did not have this instruction, so for my test
Xalan also reports this and then quits. But I see your output does not
mention not being able to find a xml-stylesheet PI. Could it be your
"file.xhtml" has a xml-stylesheet PI and then Xalan is running and/or
hanging on that?

Good luck,
Nathan

--