Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Selmer Ausland <se...@shawcable.com> on 2002/12/28 23:49:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect

Hello;
   Perhaps someone can help me with this as I am pretty new to Apache
and can't seem to figure it out. I have a directory in Apache 2.0.43 ht
docs thus:

<Directory "C:/Apache2/htdocs/speednviolence">
     Options Indexes
     AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

This works fine and serves up the index file with url
http://www.abcd.com/

I would like to set up the directory configuration below to serve up
mrsjoeblow as http://mrsjoeblow.abcd.com

<Directory "C:/Apache2/htdocs/joeblow/mrsjoeblow">
     Options Indexes
     AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

Using the above configuration http://mrsjoeblow.abcd.com does not work
and brings up http://abcd.com/ instead of http://mrsjoeblow.abcd.com/

I am running WQindows NT 4.0 and Apache 2.0.43.

Thanks. Selmer Ausland

Re: [users@httpd] Redirect

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Selmer Ausland wrote:

> Hello;
>    Perhaps someone can help me with this as I am pretty new to Apache
> and can't seem to figure it out. I have a directory in Apache 2.0.43 ht
> docs thus:
>
> <Directory "C:/Apache2/htdocs/speednviolence">
>      Options Indexes
>      AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
>      Order Allow,Deny
>      Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> This works fine and serves up the index file with url
> http://www.abcd.com/
>
> I would like to set up the directory configuration below to serve up
> mrsjoeblow as http://mrsjoeblow.abcd.com
>
> <Directory "C:/Apache2/htdocs/joeblow/mrsjoeblow">
>      Options Indexes
>      AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
>      Order Allow,Deny
>      Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> Using the above configuration http://mrsjoeblow.abcd.com does not work
> and brings up http://abcd.com/ instead of http://mrsjoeblow.abcd.com/

You need a <VirtualHost> section, rather than a <Directory> section.
Check out the Virtual Host documentation, at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.