Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/07/27 17:53:05 UTC

Change "name" to "label" in container attribute classes?

Does anyone have any objection to my changing "name" to "label" in the
attribute classes for Form, TabPane, and Accordion? e.g. instead of:

<TabPane>
     <tabs>
         <PushButton TabPane.name="Foo"/>
     </tabs>
</TabPane>

we'd have:

<TabPane>
     <tabs>
         <PushButton TabPane.label="Foo"/>
     </tabs>
</TabPane>

We're using "name" elsewhere to mean "ID" (generally for programmatic,
rather than human, consumption), and "label" seems more accurate. I
think I originally used "name" to avoid confusion with the Label
class, but, at this point, that seems misguided.

Thoughts?

Greg

Re: Change "name" to "label" in container attribute classes?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Also for me is ok.

Bye

Re: Change "name" to "label" in container attribute classes?

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.
No objection from me.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
In some contexts, I think "caption" may be a good term (certainly
better than "name"). Here, though, I think "label" is more accurate.
To me, "caption" carries a different connotation, like you are
describing a figure in a document.