Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Matthew Sheppard <ms...@funnelback.com> on 2013/05/15 08:53:59 UTC

"NEGOTIATE authentication error: No valid credentials provided" message while running a SharePoint 2007 job

Hi all,

I have a SharePoint 2007 output connector (configured with an Active
Directory authority) and a job forwarding the content on to a search engine
output connector, all of which seems to be working correctly.

Unfortunately, when running the job I see the the following message many
times in the manifoldcf.log file.

 WARN 2013-05-15 16:12:22,402 (Thread-89532) - NEGOTIATE authentication
error: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: No valid credentials
provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt))

Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of fixing whatever the
warning here is about?

Many thanks,
Matt Sheppard

Re: "NEGOTIATE authentication error: No valid credentials provided" message while running a SharePoint 2007 job

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The warning occurs because your SharePoint server's IIS is configured in
"Negotiate" mode, and the first thing it is configured to try is Kerberos.
The warning is output by HttpClient because it is capable of using Kerberos
provided it has tickets.  But since there are no tickets, it will usually
fail back to NTLM, which is what the SharePoint connector typically uses
anyway.

If you want to get rid of the warning, there may be a way to do this in
HttpClient but I don't know of it.  You can also certainly (if you have
access and don't mind) change your IIS settings from "Negotiate" to just
plain "NTLM" and that will work.

Karl