Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/02 22:13:00 UTC

'patch ready' workflow

team,

The ASF INFRA folks have enabled our 'patch ready' workflow.  This
should make it easier for us to see that patches have been submitted
and so we can prioritize getting them evaluated and merged above other
work.  All you have to do is once you've made your patch and verified
that the build is good to go just attach the patch to the JIRA ticket
in question and select the 'Submit Patch' button.  That will change
the status of the ticket and we can then sort on those easily.

We will put together a contributor guide and document all this so it
isn't such a guessing game as well.

We're seeing some really great contribs coming in through various
forms be it ideas, defect fixes, new features.  Really awesome to see!

Thanks!

Joe

Re: 'patch ready' workflow

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
one side-effect of switching to 'patch ready' is that folks who are just in
the default 'jira-users' group can no longer assign themselves tickets by
clicking on "start progress."

instead, folks need to get added to the "contributor" role in the jira
admin page. Could someone add me to that group so I can assign myself
things I'm working on?

--
Sean

Re: 'patch ready' workflow