Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Joel Dubbels <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2011/03/15 01:59:05 UTC

Getting UIMA AS 2.3.0 running

I'm new to UIMA and trying to get UIMA AS running for the first time.   I
tried running launching the "UIMA Deploy AS Service" run configuration
from within Eclipse and saw this message in the
UIMA_HOME\examples\uima.log file:

3/14/11 2:36:57 PM - 0:
org.apache.uima.aae.controller.BaseAnalysisEngineController.BaseAnalysisEngineController:
INFO: Controller: AggregateDdqbNotesProcessor Unable to Initialize.
UIMA-AS Version is Incompatible with UIMA Core. UIMA-AS Version: 2.3.0
UIMA Core Version: 2.3.1

Hoping someone can shed some light on this and what I should do about it
(if anything).

Also,  if anyone can provide any good links for info on step-by-step
setting up UIMA AS and running an example, it would be much appreciated.
I've been going through the information at the following link

http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.3.0-incubating/docs-uima-as/html/uima_async_scaleout/uima_async_scaleout.html

It's been helpful, but it's more definitions and explanation as opposed to
step-by-step running of one of the examples.  Any other links or info that
anyone can provide for AMIS AS would be very helpful.  Thanks.

Joel Dubbels
IBM Healthcare and Life Sciences Solutions Development
Phone: 507-253-1165
Internet:dubbels@us.ibm.com

Re: Getting UIMA AS 2.3.0 running

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Hi Joel,

> 3/14/11 2:36:57 PM - 0:
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.BaseAnalysisEngineController.BaseAnalysisEngineController:
> INFO: Controller: AggregateDdqbNotesProcessor Unable to Initialize.
> UIMA-AS Version is Incompatible with UIMA Core. UIMA-AS Version: 2.3.0
> UIMA Core Version: 2.3.1

UIMA AS 2.3.1 has not yet been released. You need to check that you do not use the latest UIMA version (2.3.1) but the previous version (2.3.0) which is compatible with UIMA AS 2.3.0.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
phone +49 (6151) 16-7477, fax -5455, room S2/02/E225
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de