Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Justin Miller <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/21 21:58:02 UTC

[ORCHESTRA] problems with ajax4jsf and orchestra?

I've seen some strange behavior with orchestra that I have a hard time
reproducing.

I'm trying to implement a master/detail view (not atypical at all). The
master view is rendered with a dataTable where you can click on a link in a
particular column and it will take you to the detail view. I'm using two
access scoped beans with the same conversationName.

In both beans I implement ConversationBindingListener. Occasionally, right
after I click on the link for the detail view, I see that both beans are
removed from the conversation. When I subsequently try and interact with the
detail page, I get an NPE (or the JSF equivalent, i.e. missing Jsp property
or something) because my access scoped bean(s) isn't setup properly.

I'm using Ajax4Jsf in this project, and when I looked back at the link that
would take me to the details page, I realized I was using an
<a4j:commandLink/>. In reality, there is no real need for that, so I
switched it to a regular <h:commandLink/> and that appears to have solved
the problem for the moment.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Could it be a problem with my configuration?

This seems like a pretty common scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Justin