Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl> on 2003/02/03 12:28:06 UTC

Problems with Oracle

Hi guys,

We're experiencing some problems with Oracle (8) and Torque (3).

It would appear that connections are not being closed properly. After running for a while we get the following error-code

ORA-00020: Maximum number processes (%s) is exceeded

We tried setting the following but it doesn't seem to help

1. shared_pool_size = 80000000 in initFoo.ora
2. processes = 200 in initFoo.ora
3. torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=100 in Torque.properties

Any ideas?

/c

Re: Problems with Oracle

Posted by Bill Schneider <bs...@vecna.com>.
I've had a possibly related problem independently of Torque, using
commons-dbcp (which I believe is now integrated into Torque as the "classic"
datasource) .  I got "too many open cursors" errors because dbcp would hold
the underlying cursor open if you don't call rs.close() and
statement.close() explicitly--even after the public java.sql.* objects are
unreferenced and garbage collected!

The problem you're seeing might be related.  My configuration could have
just ran out of cursors before it ran out of processes.

-- Bill

Re: Problems with Oracle

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Hi Colin,

I had this problem with postgresql. Try the jdbc2 pool ( next section
down in Torque.props ) instead. Switching pooling implementations solved
this for me.

Regards,

Peter

--