Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ol...@deltalloyd.de on 2003/06/18 09:29:51 UTC

Problems Setting up Tomcat 4.1.18 on W2K

Hi There,

I'm trying to use Tomcat 4.1.18 on my local Machine, but it won't work.

When I try to open the index.jsp it says me:

Error 500

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

The Env-Variables in Windows (Catalina_home, Java_Home, Path, Classpath)
are setten correctly.
In the work/standalone/localhost/- Directory he creates the file
index-jsp.java, but no .class file like on other machines running Tomcat .

My it be a problem with my rights on my local machine? Or is it something
other?

Thx

Oliver