Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lai Jay Hung <ja...@pchome.com.tw> on 2002/05/13 10:37:27 UTC

How to start learning SOAP call...

Hello,

How to start using JSP page to call Web Services On Internet ?
Is there any site or information can help me to start ?
Thankx ,

JayHung.

Re: How to start learning SOAP call...

Posted by Lai Jay Hung <ja...@pchome.com.tw>.
Hello, Juergen

    Thank you very much.
    Actually, I have studied Web Service for a long time.
    I am familiar with the concept of Web Sercice and have read most article
on
    http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/webservices/ and other sites.

     I have tried to use WSTK(IBM),jwsdp(JAVA) and AXIS(APACHE) and the
    examples on them.
    But, my problem is how to call the example or other service on internet
like
    StockQuote within a JSP page.
    Because I am not familiar with Java and JSP technique, I don't get the
point how to     implement a service call via JSP page.
    Do I need to write a service call Java and compile to a class and use it
like a
    <jsp:useBean> ?

    Thanks again...

Jayhung

Posted by Juergen Kaatz <ka...@e-commerceit.de>.
>How to start using JSP page to call Web Services On Internet ?
>Is there any site or information can help me to start ?
>Thankx ,
>JayHung.

Hello JayHung,

First install the tomcat server, then download the axis software and try
out all
the examples delivered with axis. Starting with axis/soap/java is not
trivial, but
if you try to understand the examples it will be a good way.

Furthermore, there are many sites on the web, which you can read.

For example th ibm website has a lot of tutorials and examples :
http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/xml/ and
http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/webservices/

Greetings
Juergen