Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bill Page <Bi...@DigitalGarden.com> on 2002/04/04 00:55:19 UTC

data connection limit

I spent awhile this afternoon trying to figure why I was hanging.  Turns out
that I was not closing 1 of several connections on each pass of a certain
page.  when I hit the maxcount, I hung.  I'm running struts as an NT service
but have a window up so I can see debugging I put in with system.out.... and
exceptions.  I'm not seeing anything here.  Does struts throw an exception?
We use acommon piece of code:
    public static Connection getConnection(ActionServlet _servlet, String
_key)
        throws SQLException
    {
        javax.sql.DataSource dataSource;
        dataSource = _servlet.findDataSource(_key);
        return dataSource.getConnection();
    }

in a static utility class.  I've got catches for SQL and Throwable but don't
seem to be catching anything.

	bill page
	billp@digitalgarden.com
	Digital Garden Software, Inc.
	856 US Hwy 206 Bldg B Ste 15
	Hillsborough, NJ 08844
	908.904.0664

Re: data connection limit

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I'd strongly recommend going with Poolman instead. You could pop that
into your getConnection method, and the rest of the application would
never know the difference.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services