Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by vishnu pk <pk...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/22 18:53:50 UTC

Message moves to differed state in Azure Bus while fetching via Qpid

Hi Team,

I have a scenario where we are fetching records in Azure service bus with
the help of Qpid library in a 3rd party integration tool. It is noticed
that while fetching a large pile up of records from the Azue queue , many
of the records are not fetched but changed the status to 'deferred' in
Azure bus.Once changed the status to deferred it is never been picked up.

As per Microsoft it is due to some modification/rejection of records from
clients who fetch messages from the queue.

Does applying any Qpid property could change this behaviour?.. Appreciate
your advice on this .

Expectation: The messages should not be changed to deferred state , rather
it can be redelivered or send to dead letter queue.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Vishnu

Re: Message moves to differed state in Azure Bus while fetching via Qpid

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
You won't see any 'warnings' from the protocol trace output you turned
on, it doesn't have levels. You would just see e.g Disposition frames
carrying a particular message state. The error log I mentioned would
come from the 'regular' logging in the code, depending on
configuration for whatever logging framework you are using. That was
an example of where the client could send that disposition by itself,
it may be there are no such errors:

I see that you are using the "jms.redeliveryPolicy.maxRedeliveries"
option - per the docs, the default outcome applied if a message
exceeds the limit is to send a modified-failed-undeliverable
disposition. If that's whats making the client send such a
disposition, it can be changed to something else via the
"jms.redeliveryPolicy.outcome" option.

Robbie

Posted by vishnu pk <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robbie,