Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/03/23 04:22:59 UTC

Status?

What the heck is the status of this project?

I'm seeing very few commits. No one is fixing things like the website and
download links (it still links to the java.apache.org directory)...

I haven't seen any plans for development or release or anything...

anyone home?

-jon

Re: Status?

Posted by ingo schuster <in...@web.de>.
>anyone home?

Yes, I'm still listening, but since I've been *`very* busy the last weeks,
there was no time for more.
Hope it get's better now, even though I'm looking forward to a two weeks
holidays in April :-)).

ingo.

Re: Status?

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> There are two major areas of work being done at this time.
>
> (1) The default impl. of the Portlet API is being implemented by Ingo's
> team.
> I haven't seen any commits yet.

Neither do I.

> (2) Raphael has been working on the layout system. Its quite a bit of work,
> and in a new branch.
> He is little late in committing, but this is an important part of the new
> architecture.
> Anyway, I think he was on vacation for awhile.

Yes. He told me to wait the next commits before looking to his source.

> Im working on the html for a customizer prototype to be used with Raphael's
> new layout system.
> I'd like to start a few others things, but there are dependencies on the two
> above.
> The two projects above make some major architectural changes, which many
> other features are dependent on.
> I believe its best to wait...and to not fix things that will soon be
> replaced.
> ( That's just my philosophy, not necessarily the groups. )
>
> Santiago has been cleaning up and finding performance bottlenecks.

And also working in the new URLManager. Here I could commit, since
dependencies are small, but I got major problems that I'm currently solving.

> I hope I was accurate in describing everyone's status. If I wasn't, I'm sure
> they will be happy to correct me :)
> At least that's my understanding of the status.
>
> I grep'd for all the 'java.apache.org' strings in the system. I can fix that
> tonight,

I corrected time ago the fact that the images in the apache jetspeed
channel was relative (It should be absolute and point to
jakarta.apache.org ).

RE: Status?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
[...]

- david