Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Herb Burnswell <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/07 20:42:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: mod_proxy_hcheck assistance

Hi,

I posted this query a while back and have seemingly resolved my issue, but
have a question.  I am currently using this health check that seems to work
as desired:

ProxyHCExpr     site_up         {hc('body') !~ /main-nav/}

        <Proxy balancer://balancer_pool>

                BalancerMember https://example.com:8443 route=node1
keepalive=On ttl=90 timeout=60 hcmethod=GET hcexpr=site_up hcuri=/
hcinterval=10 hcpasses=2 hcfails=2
                BalancerMember https://example.com:8443 route=node2
keepalive=On ttl=90 timeout=60 hcmethod=GET hcexpr=site_up hcuri=/
hcinterval=10 hcpasses=2 hcfails=2
                ProxySet lbmethod=bybusyness

        </Proxy>

The question I have is:

If one of the nodes goes into a failed state, do the requests that
mod_proxy_balancer was sending to that node get redirected to the healthy
node?  New requests will surely go to the healthy node, but what is the
actual behavior of requests that were being directed to the now failed
node?  Is the request basically 'killed' and then directed to the healthy
node and started over?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

HB