Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> on 2019/03/19 18:03:49 UTC

Re: Improve ASF onboarding

Thanks for these links, Jan. Nice to see the the training podling has
started, though it'll be a few months before we see assets coming out of
that I think.

From the YouTube video this slide deck was shared:

  https://www.slideshare.net/alanfgates/hortonworks-apache-training

What I'm taking from this is that a lot of disparate employers have had
to pick up the pieces around Apache orientation, and that the ASF
themselves haven't done a great job in consolidating that info to date.

Now, it looks like these things are much better in hand, and there's a
path forward towards better on-boarding of those enterprise employees.

So: how do we attract more people to get involved in our humble
project? :) That's the $20,000 question.

-Joan