Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org> on 2019/04/11 20:53:47 UTC

[DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 1.9.3

The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Accumulo
1.9.3! Apache Accumulo 1.9.3 contains bug fixes for Write Ahead Logs and
compaction. Users of 1.9.2 are encouraged to upgrade. (See the release
notes linked below for details.)

Users of Versions of 1.9 and 1.8 are encouraged to upgrade to this version
as soon as possible to avoid problems. Users of versions of 1.9 and 1.8 who
are planning to upgrade are encouraged to upgrade directly to this version
instead.

***

Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store that
provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. With
Apache Accumulo, users can store and manage large data sets
across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache Hadoop's HDFS to store
its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.

This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/

The full release notes can be viewed at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-1.9.3/

--
The Apache Accumulo Team

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 1.9.3

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
The 1.9.2 stuff sounds like we're only encouraging those users to
upgrade, when really, everybody should.
"Users of all previous versions are encouraged to upgrade to this
latest version."

For the second paragraph, we can just say:
"Users already planning an upgrade to 1.8 or 1.9, should upgrade
directly to 1.9.3 instead."