Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Chan <jc...@verity.com> on 2002/03/02 01:27:03 UTC

mod_webapp with apache 2.0

Hi,

    I'm trying to build webapp on Red Hat 7.2 to use with Apache 2.0. All
the documentation refers to the output being a .so file but I don't get one.
I get a .o .la .slo and a .lo (which is pointing to the .o file). I took a
look at the make file, and it doesn't make any mention of .so. I also tried
a couple different versions of libtool (shot in the dark) but no go. Not
being very knowledgeable in this matter, is there a problem or is this the
expected output. Thanks.

John

Re: mod_webapp with apache 2.0

Posted by Cavan Morris <ca...@worldnet.att.net>.
Your right about the makefile.  I guess what I said before wasn't exactly so.  What I ment was that the output of the make command didn't link it shared.  What I actually did to "fix" it was copy the last libtool opperation from the output to the command line, edit it, and rerun it.  Here is exactly what I do to build mod_webapp.so.  If this doesn't work, contact me directly and I'll send you my binary.

>tar -xvzf ./webapp-module-1.0.2-tc402-src.tar.gz

>cd webapp-module-1.0.2-tc402/

>./support/buildconf.sh

>./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

>make
This produces some output that I examine for the line which I copy and past and edit to get the .so file.

>cd apache-2.0/

I copy the following from the output:
/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -o mod_webapp.la -rpath /usr/local/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version -I../include  -L../lib -lwebapp  mod_webapp.lo

And edit it like so to produce the last command.  The changes I made were after the gcc, I added -shared and changed the name of the output file after -o from mod_webapp.la to mod_webapp.so

>/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -shared -o mod_webapp.so -rpath /usr/local/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version -I../include  -L../lib -lwebapp  mod_webapp.lo

That is all I had to do... But it did not work with apache 2.0.28.  It only worked with apache 2.0.32

Cavan Morris

Posted by John Chan <jc...@verity.com>.
Hi...

Re: mod_webapp with apache 2.0