Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Akash Mehta <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/16 22:11:29 UTC

Request to add probabilistic Query Parser Request Handler

The main aim of this request Handler is to get the best parsing for a given
query. This basically means recognizing different phrases within the query.
We need some kind of training data to generate these phrases.

Re: Request to add probabilistic Query Parser Request Handler

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
In a search engine, “probabilistic” usually refers to a ranking model, as opposed to a vector space model.

This name will almost certainly confuse people.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by Akash Mehta <me...@gmail.com>.