Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vernon <Ve...@b2unow.com> on 2002/03/30 21:40:21 UTC

Recompiling considerations...

I want to install the latest version of Apache and make changes to the
httpd.h file before compiling and seeing as I am using Red Hat which
installed with a bunch of default mods which I don't want to lose
functionality for (such as php, SSL, perl, etc.). Is there a way way to
pull out the old compile string so that I can compile exactly the same as
before?

Also I want to make changes to the file that is now httpd.h, before I
install so that the name of the Apache server's banner is not displayed,
but rather a banner I define. Any ideas?

Thanks