Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/12 15:12:32 UTC

[VOTE] Accept GoCQL driver donation and begin incubation process

This will be the same process used for dtest. We will need to walk
this through the incubator per the process outlined here:

https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ip_clearance.html

Pending the outcome of this vote, we will create the JIRA issues for
tracking and after we go through the process, and discuss adding
committers in a separate thread (we need to do this atomically anyway
per general ASF committer adding processes).

Thanks,
-Nate

Re: [VOTE] Accept GoCQL driver donation and begin incubation process

Posted by Jeremiah D Jordan <je...@gmail.com>.
No, doesn’t change it.  Any code donation has to go through the incubation process, which is where all the legal stuff about it being donated is handled.  This would be like the dtest repo which was donated a little while back, and followed this same process.

-Jeremiah

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sankalp kohli <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept GoCQL driver donation and begin incubation process

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.
With four binding +1s,  2 +0s, and no -1s, and 6 non-binding +1s, the
vote passes.

To re-iterate, resolving the license concerns is part of bringing
software into the project, not a reason to avoid trying. The incubator
PMC will have no problem sending a -1 if we cant get everything
together.

Regardless, I very much appreciate the discussion and opinions of
everyone. The non-binding votes are particularly helpful in
solidifying community agreement, IMO, so keep those coming.

Cheers,

Posted by Alex Lourie <al...@instaclustr.com>.
+1.

Chris already expressed his intent to stay and keep the maintenance of the
project ongoing. As previously mentioned, I'm also going to keep
contributing to the driver.

Having it under the umbrella of Apache/Cassandra does add to it's weight as
the related project.

Alex.

Posted by Jeremiah D Jordan <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
+1. I do share the same concerns as Sylvain, but I think it's important we
get more driver experience/exposure in the project, as it seems lacking
since datastax moved off, and I don't think this will be something we can
just leave to the userbase to solve.

I'm definitely looking to contribute as well.

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Posted by Sumanth Pasupuleti <sp...@netflix.com.INVALID>.